I very much like the Dresden Plate pattern. This one was worked on over the course of several years.
First, I enjoyed simply working on the individual plates now and then. There are 13 of them, with 20 blades (and 20 fabrics) apiece.
Then, the finished blocks sat in a pile for a few years while I tried to decide how to lay them out. I didn't want just a normal design, so with the help of an engineer friend, I took an idea my husband had and she figured out the math, so that I could cut the blue fabrics to the correct size to achieve this layout.
I'm currently approximately 90% done with the hand-quilting of this quilt, and new photos will be posted as soon as I have that completed. The edges of the quilt will be scalloped.